Founded in 2018 and headquartered in San Francisco, Tribe Capital invests across stages and asset classes. Today we have $1.3B of assets under management across our core early stage venture funds, coinvestments, public markets and cryptocurrencies, where we have backed industry leaders such as Kraken, Mati, Carta, and others.
Technology is at the heart of what we do, from how we are able to generate unique points of view about companies based on analyzing product engagement data of any scale, to our investment workflows, to our emerging loonshot projects incubated internally.
You will be in at the ground floor
Tribe Capital is seeking an Engineering Partner (Senior Software Engineer) to build technology that amplifies our Crossover investment strategy at the border of private and public markets. You will be one of the first team members focused on the strategy, in an environment equivalent to being at an incubated startup. You will have significant autonomy to shape the outcome of the fund and the products that power it, while also leveraging Tribe’s broader technology infrastructure and team.
A successful candidate will
- Be entrepreneurial, be obsessed with creating something new and is willing to take risks to achieve that
- Thrive in ambiguity, be able to own their own destiny and have an opinion about the right way to solve complex problems
- Have a strong foundation in software engineering, in particular backend or data engineering
- Have a deep interest in learning about investing, particularly in opportunities with asymmetric upside
Familiarity with the stack we use today is helpful but not required:
- Python for logic, data analysis, visualization
- GCP as our cloud provider and BigQuery for our data warehouse
- Kubernetes and Helm for microservices, compute and exposed services
- Terraform for infrastructure
- Airflow for ETL
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com along with a short answer to the following question (max 200 words) :
“Imagine you decided to start a technology company to solve a major headache in your current tech stack — what product would you build and who is your target customer?”
Tribe Capital supports remote work, and candidates outside of the SF Bay Area are expected to travel a few days a month. We also welcome international candidates with relevant work authorizations.