Tribe Capital is a venture capital firm focused on using product and data science to engineer N-of-1 companies and investments. Tribe Capital has grown considerably since being founded in June 2018 by Ted Maidenberg, Arjun Sethi and Jonathan Hsu (all three originating from Social Capital). Tribe Capital is currently raising its second pooled fund in addition to our Firstlook SPV entities (co-invest vehicles). Total assets under management ~ $1.3B.
Position details: Tribe Capital is looking for a Fund Accountant to join its finance team. The Fund Accountant role is a critical position that will work with the CFO and Controller very closely in regards to the different product lines, including VC, SPV, Hedge and Crypto. Knowledge and experience with Crypto is crucial.
The ideal candidate is an organized, proactive and an experienced multi-tasker, who is willing to step in, roll up his/her sleeves and help out wherever and whenever needed.
- On boarding and trading on multiple Crypto platforms
- Work closely with Fund Administrators for both Crypto and Hedge Funds
- Interface with tax preparers, auditors and internal team members
- Assist with and review of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist with audit both annual and SEC
- Portfolio company modeling for private holdings
- Portfolio company valuation support documentation, quarterly data requests for private holdings
- Review accounting journals, ledgers and other transactions for Funds
- Monitor banking activity and process/review transactions as needed including wire transfers and line of credit requests
- Maintain organized and thorough accounting documentation
- Respond to investor communications
- Perform ad hoc related tasks and projects as assigned
- Crypto experience required
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and professionalism
- Desire for taking pro-active ownership and initiative of projects and tasks
- Detail-oriented with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple and ever-changing priorities
- Adaptable and resilient in a fast-paced, dynamic environment & schedule
- Strong Excel / Google doc modeling skills
- Requires +3 year of Venture Capital/Asset Management accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
To apply, send email@example.com your resume.